CarbonNeutral® is underpinned by The CarbonNeutral Protocol which guarantees the integrity and quality of our carbon neutral programmes.
Benefits to your company of working towards CarbonNeutral® certification
- Builds revenue and increases market share by differentiating products and services with a powerful statement of environmental credentials.
- Promotes an understanding of a company’s commitment to carbon reductions, helping engage staff and stakeholders to reduce costs through operational and behavioral changes.
- Provides products with a clear, credible certification which communicates a simple message of net zero carbon footprint to consumers and retailers.
- Engages staff and attracts new talent with a compelling climate change programme.
- Maintains shareholder value by demonstrating robust climate change risk management.
Encourages suppliers and customers to take responsibility for their carbon emissions.
Achieving CarbonNeutral® certification
There are five stages to achieving CarbonNeutral® certification through a straight-forward carbon reduction process:
- Define the subject: A variety of business activities can be certified CarbonNeutral® including entire companies or single offices, product lines, business travel, services such as deliveries, print production and data hosting and activities such as events
- Measure the subject’s carbon emissions: We use independent, qualified third parties to conduct and verify greenhouse gas assessments.
- Set a net zero carbon emissions target: This provides a strong statement on carbon reduction goals.
- Reduce carbon emissions: Achieve the target through a cost-effective combination of internal reductions and carbon offsets.
- Communicate: Display CarbonNeutral® certification on company websites, reports, packaging and fleet vehicles along with communication on how the target was achieved.