Geothermal energy uses the heat stored in the Earth to generate electricity and heat, producing one of the most reliable and constantly available sources of renewable power.
By supporting geothermal energy projects your business will reduce its carbon footprint while enabling the world to meet its growing power demand from an underutilised renewable source. For more information call +44 (0)20 7833 6000 / +1 (212)-390-8835 or email us
Geothermal is one of the only renewable power sources that can supply ‘base load’ power, because it provides a constant rate of supply that isn’t affected by weather or seasonal variations.
Sources of geothermal power are spread across the globe, but by 2010 only 70 countries were considering geothermal projects and fewer than 30 had operational plants.
Want to find out more about the technology behind geothermal energy plants?
The advantages of geothermal energy:
- Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, producing “base load” electricity unlike many other renewable technologies that are affected by weather and seasonal variations.
- No need for power storage and no issues dispatching electricity to the grid making them a more direct substitute for fossil fuel power stations than many other mature renewable technologies
- Extensive GHG emissions reductions and, unlike fossil fuel power stations, no pollution
- Extremely reliable power source available 95% of the time on average, compared to 60-70% for coal and nuclear
- Compact plant equipment that uses just one thirtieth of the land of a coal fired power plant.