CarbonNeutral® certification is the global standard for carbon neutrality, providing a clear, credible statement about a business’s action to reduce emissions to net zero. Our clients in over 40 countries use it to differentiate their brand, engage employees, retain existing customers and win new business.
CarbonNeutral® is underpinned by The CarbonNeutral Protocol which guarantees the integrity and quality of our carbon neutral programmes.
Benefits to your company of working towards CarbonNeutral® certification
- Builds revenue and increases market share by differentiating products and services with a powerful statement of environmental credentials.
- Promotes an understanding of a company’s commitment to carbon reductions, helping engage staff and stakeholders to reduce costs through operational and behavioral changes.
- Provides products with a clear, credible certification which communicates a simple message of net zero carbon footprint to consumers and retailers.
- Engages staff and attracts new talent with a compelling climate change programme.
- Maintains shareholder value by demonstrating robust climate change risk management.
Encourages suppliers and customers to take responsibility for their carbon emissions.
Achieving CarbonNeutral® certification
There are five stages to achieving CarbonNeutral® certification through a straight-forward carbon reduction process:
- Define the subject: A variety of business activities can be certified CarbonNeutral® including entire companies or single offices, product lines, business travel, services such as deliveries, print production and data hosting and activities such as events
- Measure the subject’s carbon emissions: We use independent, qualified third parties to conduct and verify greenhouse gas assessments.
- Set a net zero carbon emissions target: This provides a strong statement on carbon reduction goals.
- Reduce carbon emissions: Achieve the target through a cost-effective combination of internal reductions and carbon offsets.
- Communicate: Display CarbonNeutral® certification on company websites, reports, packaging and fleet vehicles along with communication on how the target was achieved.
Gain competitive advantage
Develop a strong climate credential with an offset inclusive carbon reduction strategy.
Source carbon offsets
Our carbon team has unique access to global, guaranteed carbon credits.
Powerful communications will deliver full value from your carbon reduction strategy.