Since 1997 The CarbonNeutral Company has established its reputation as a world leading provider of carbon reduction solutions. We currently work with more than 350 companies in 35 countries, and have contracted more than eight million tonnes of carbon from 240 projects across 30 countries.
- The CarbonNeutral Company wins Environmental Finance's Best Offset Retailer award for the second year running
- Senior Vice President Jem Porcaro is appointed Chair of the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA)
- The CarbonNeutral Company wins the Environmental Finance award for Best Offset Retailer based on efficiency, reliability, innovation, quality of service and influence on the market
- MD Jonathan Shopley joins the board of Climate Markets & Investment Association (CMIA)
- The CarbonNeutral Company expands into Nordic region with new clients
- The CarbonNeutral Company becomes a consultancy partner to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- The CarbonNeutral Company exclusively secures first VCS validated forestry project in Africa
- The first APX registry transfer of Voluntary Carbon Units is made by The CarbonNeutral Company
- The CarbonNeutral Company expands into Asia Pacific
- The CarbonNeutral Company expands global presence by acquiring GreenLife Organisation LLC
- The CarbonNeutral Company helps found the first unified voice in the voluntary marketplace advocating for rigorous industry standards - The International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA)
- Neal’s Yard Remedies becomes the first CarbonNeutral® high street retailer
- The CarbonNeutral Company expands into the U.S.
- First company to produce a Policy for Accounting and Reporting Carbon (PARC) to enable its customers to be transparent by fully disclosing its carbon stocks
- First company to establish a public register of carbon reduction projects
- Hosted by The CarbonNeutral Company, Vice President Al Gore presented ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ at the Tate Gallery followed by a panel debate with Sky TV and two government ministers. This format was then repeated through 121 and educational breakfast seminars around the country. All carbon emissions were offset.
- Sky is the first media company to achieve CarbonNeutral® status
- Simmons & Simmons becomes the first international law firm to achieve CarbonNeutral® company status
- Reed Employment is the first UK national recruitment agency to become CarbonNeutral®
- With Colin Challen MP, The CarbonNeutral Company creates the UK’s first cross-party Parliamentary group (APPCCG) on climate change
- The CarbonNeutral Company establishes the Advisory Forum (AF) which regularly revises The CarbonNeutral Protocol, and provides advice on international policy developments and their potential impact on the business
- The Day After Tomorrow achieves first CarbonNeutral® movie status
- Ben Saunders is accredited as the first CarbonNeutral® explorer
- First company to set up a global proprietary offset standard - The CarbonNeutral Protocol
- First company in the world to create online driving, flight, home, citizen carbon calculators
Avis Europe is the first European car rental company to achieve CarbonNeutral® status
- Marshall Arts becomes the world’s first CarbonNeutral® music promoter
- Meeting on Sustainable Development in New York is the first major international CarbonNeutral® event
- First company to package and sell carbon offsets to business and consumers
BRIT Awards is a CarbonNeutral® event
- Fulham FC becomes the first CarbonNeutral® football club
Coin and register CarbonNeutral® as a trademark
- The company, originally called Future Forests, is founded.
Find out how our clients use our services to meet their carbon reduction targets and achieve their business objectives.